Intermezzo dating site

Swakopmund, Namibia, was founded two years later than Windhoek, in 1892, by Captain Curt von Francois as the main harbour of German South West Africa.

However, the natural potential of Swakopmund as a holiday resort was recognised, and this potential has subsequently been developed.In 1914 construction of a steel jetty was therefore commenced, the remains of which can still be seen today. It was declared structurally unsound and was closed to the public for seven years, and in 2006 renovations to the portion supported by concrete pillars were completed, with a seafood restaurant and sushi bar being added to the end portion of the steel portion of the jetty soon after.A new timber walkway was also added onto the existing steel structure, and the steel portion of the jetty reopened to the public in late 2010.It was founded in 1892 as the main harbour for German South-West Africa, and a sizable part of its population is still German-speaking today.The city lies on the B2 road and the Trans-Namib Railway from Windhoek to Walvis Bay. Buildings in the city include the Altes Gefängnis prison, designed by Heinrich Bause in 1909.

Leave a Reply